Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Guess Who's Back, Back Again

In case you're a terrible guesser, it's me. I'm back. I didn't really go anywhere I've just been a little busy and haven't felt like blogging. I'm still trying to adjust to this whole "trying to be a blogger" thing and I haven't quite got a schedule figured out yet. I've just been writing posts whenever a weird little thought pops into my head. I suppose it's time to get more organized so things like this don't happen on the regular.

Have you heard of these little planners that are supposed to be amazing for bloggers to stay organized? I was thinking about getting one of those, but then I read some reviews about how they're not really worth it. Which I think I agree with. I don't really want to shell out my hard earned cash for some pretty pieces of paper bound together by a colourful little spiral and cover (no matter how cute the designs are).




So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to just suck it up and be a big girl and blog every day after work no matter how tired I am.

Anyways, onto more exciting news: my weekend! I had a fairly busy weekend which was exhausting but so much fun.

Friday: I had to go to my bestie's mom's retirement party. I had to go right from work, which of course meant that I had to get ready in the morning before work, which obviously didn't turn out that well. By the end of the work day, my curled and styled hair resembled more of a poufball thanks to all the humidity. See exhibit A:




After the retirement party, we went to the Villages. Every year in the city where I live, they put on the Villages, which basically is a whole bunch of different halls and clubs that represent different countries or places around the world and they serve that region's food, play their music, and usually have a performance of some kind. It's actually pretty fun. There are food, drinks, and dancing. Where can you go wrong?!




We went to the Polish and Latin American ones this year, which I loved but for different reasons. I loved the Polish one because I am a sucker for perogies, mashed potatoes, and cabbage rolls. But I lovvvvvvvedd the Latin American one because of the dancing. They had people on the dance floor teaching you different moves which was so much fun. It was like being on a little mini vacation for a few hours. I'm definitely going back next year.


This is the Polish performance. It's the only picture I have of the night. Oops.

Saturday: So all week I had been looking forward to Saturday night, but because of Friday night's festivities, my liver wasn't really all that enthusiastic when the day came. But like the champ that I am, I summoned my wild and crazy early twenties go-out-on-both-nights attitude and made it out that night. What did I make it out to? A country bar!!! If you can't tell by all those exclamation marks, I love country bars! It's such a different atmosphere than a regular bar. Everyone is friendlier, there's not that air of "look at my top-of-the-line outfit". It's just way more relaxed and more fun in general. And to top it off (as if it couldn't get any better), it was for a pre-birthday celebration for one of my real life friends. So like the terrible blogger I have been being lately plus the terrible friend I am, I only managed to get two pictures of the entire night.





Neither of them happened to be of the pre-birthday girl, but dessert and drinks count for something right?! That cake was so delicious but I was proud of myself for not gobbling it all down by myself. That beer glass is just pure class. I loved it.

Sunday: Sunday was obviously spent in bed recovering. I ate a greasy breakfast which didn't help at the time, but I'm pretty sure helped in the long run.

Monday: Monday needs to be included in my weekend because of said lack of blogging. The day was just a regular boring day at work. Nothing exciting there. I got home from work and sat around for a little while and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, inspiration hit. I jumped up, changed my clothes, threw on my running shoes and went to the gym! Anddd I even renewed my membership! I had gotten into a routine of going to the gym on a pretty regular basis, and then I started working full time and that sort of slid to the back burner. The very back. I got into the habit of coming home exhausted from work, throwing on my pajamas, grabbing a glass of wine, plunking my butt down on the couch and watching tv all night. Well, not anymore. I'm determined to get back into a routine. You wouldn't think so, but the more you work out, the more energized you feel and the better you feel. I know I'm still gonna have those days where I don't want to work out, but once I get there I feel so much better. Not only physically, but also mentally because I'm not wracked with guilt over being so lazy.

So that was my fun-filled weekend. I promise I'm going to get back on a blogging schedule so I won't leave you hanging for this long again.




1 comment:

  1. I got my personal planner in the 4th month of blogging and it helps a lot! You gotta shoot 2k pictures for one post next time. Can't wait to see you becoming a real spirit blogger :)

    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete