Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bestie Fun!

Tonight my bestie in real life and I are going out for dinner and I can't wait! The last few days at work have been a teensy lot bit stressful and I need to relax with a good friend and a glass or two or three of crisp, cold wine.




The friendship my bestie, Cait, and I have is a little strange. Not that our relationship is strange, but how we became friends. See, we didn't become besties or even really friends until after we had known each other for years. We had the same group of friends but we weren't really friends. I think it came down to a few different reasons: 1) we both have the same standoffish attitude, 2) we both had preconceived notions of what the other was like even though we had never really had a real conversation. Since those first years of knowing each other, we've both grown up and our personalities have changed a little. 

We first starting talking because we were both going to the same college and little ole me didn't have a car yet so I would bug her to drive me. Neither of us were thrilled at the idea because of said non-existent friendship, but we wore each other down. We started to realize how much we were alike and most of our conversations were so silly and ridiculous that our stomachs would hurt from laughter after.



Here is a recent photo of us at our friend's baby shower. She looks awesome and I can't stop staring at my awkward pose and knobby knees. 

So this just goes to show that you can't judge a book by it's cover because you never know who your bestie is going to turn out to be. If we hadn't taken that leap and basically forced our friendship, who knows what would've happened. Who would I drink copious amounts of wine with? Who would I go to the new Target with? Who would I tell my ridiculous stories to and know that I won't be judged because her stories are just as ridiculous? Who would I make togas with?




Don't mind the terrible quality of this picture. It was back in the day when you would actually bring a camera and a phone out with you.. no iPhones for us yet!

Here's to besties, fun adventures, trying new things, and of course, wine! Cheers!



2 comments:

  1. You're the MM to my L (or the L to my MM.... we can decide that later)

    P.S - I need to start drinking more so that two glasses of wine doesn't cause me to be drunk in Walmart and start slurring my words #rookie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I think we're each a little of both. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us!

      Delete