Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Black Furniture

So I recently redid my room because it's been the same since I was in elementary school. A change was definitely wayyyy overdue. So I decided my colour theme was going to be peach, black, white, and grey. I figured that out without even consulting Pinterest! Impressive, I know.

This is my lovely dresser that I found online for free! It had red circles all over it, but I painted it and now it's good as new. Clearly I am making good use out of it with all that junk that's piled on there already. I can't keep anything clean for long.. sigh.




I went on a quest for a cool set of sheets and lo and behold my mom had this awesome chevron comforter sitting right there in the closet all along! I claimed it as my own immediately.




This is my favourite (and only) painting. It's the skyline of Toronto and I'm in lahhhhhve with it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the artist. I do, however, remember his paintings were being sold at a dry cleaners, so there's that.




After all my decorating was done, I spent days just sitting and staring at how pretty everything was. But I soon discovered a pesky little problem... dust. Never having black furniture before, I didn't realize how noticeable the dust would be. Look at all that dust! And that's only after one day! One!!




Another first world problem.. So now I keep a cloth on the corner of my dresser and I wipe it down pretty much every day. It's a small price to pay for my new dream room.





No comments:

Post a Comment