Friday, June 28, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away, I Have To Celebrate Canada Day

This has kind of been a miserable week. It has been calling for thunderstorms every.single.day. Now I love a good thunderstorm, don't get me wrong. But I like thunderstorms at night when I can lie in my bed or snuggle up on the couch and stare out the window at all the stormy goodness. I don't like thunderstorms in the middle of the day when I have to work. My hair becomes an unmanageable frizz ball, I feel damp and sticky all day from all the humidity, and my mood turns just as gloomy as the weather. I especially don't like thunderstorms on Fridays, or any day of the weekend, for that matter. It just takes away a little bit of that happy-go-lucky excitement that naturally fills you up on Fridays.

This is my current view from work. Actually it's not even my view because my office doesn't have a window. It's the view I can see if I lean to the right of my desk to look out the front window.




See all that gloom? It's not making it easy for me to turn my frown upside down. Especially this weekend because it's Canada Day. How am I supposed to wear something cute and patriotic with all this weather?


Canada Day

Canada Day by pajamakindofday featuring a red coral necklace


Right there is what I hope to be doing this weekend. There's nothing better than a good celebratory summer barbecue complete with a few festive cocktails. And the obligatory fireworks.




So even if you don't have a three-day weekend like me, celebrate like you do and try to keep out of the rain!






No comments:

Post a Comment