Friday, June 21, 2013

First Day of Summer!

It's the first day of summer and I like it! Even though today is no different than any other day in any other way, there's just a different spring (or summer, ha ha) to everyone's step. Everyone's in a good mood, the weather is cooperating, people are smiling more, some are even humming (that was me). Summer is officially here! Or maybe it's because it's Friday? Orrr both. I'll say both.



You can always count on Google to get in on the action. I don't know about anyone else, but when Google changes their logo, there is a moment of pure joy that I experience.

Anyways, back to summer. Short dresses, flowy skirts, jean shorts, tank tops, sunglasses, bronzed skin, beaches.. the list goes on.




If you're like me, this is how your summer goes: the beginning of summer is such an exciting time with dreams of fun activities, one right after another. By the end of summer, you realize how few of those fun activities you actually did. Maybe a beach day here or there, some pool swimming every now and again, possibly a hike with your friends. You look back and realize the majority if your time was spent coming home from work, sitting on the couch, glass of wine in hand, browsing the latest catalogue of your favourite online store, or reading the latest post on your favourite blog.

Well no more! This summer is going to be different! I don't mean I'm going to do all of the ridiculous activities that my little heart tries to jam in every summer. I mean I'm going to do whatever I want and I'm not going to feel guilty about it. If I want to come home from work, put my feet up, and drink a bottle glass of wine, then that's what I'm going to do! Why I think I have to be busy every single second of every single day just because the weather warms up a bit is something I don't understand. Maybe it comes from living in a part of the world where hot weather only lasts for a maximum of 6 months, including rainy days. If you're like this girl, you hibernate all winter, so when summer comes around you're just itching to get out and do something. This summer "doing something" may include drinking wine or sangria on my front porch. And I'm perfectly fine with that!




So go home, put your jammies on, grab a glass of wine, sit on your porch, and think to yourself, "Ahh, this is the life." Because it is! And who is anyone else to tell you it isn't?!





1 comment:

  1. Hahah I take summer as my cozy time. Honestly, I never hike in vacations, it's my time to rule on couch and I'm drunk!
    Got you from Sarah's blog. Can't wait to stalk you more, ha!

    ReplyDelete