Thursday, June 20, 2013

Walmart Spending and Makeup Saving

Ok, so there's something I need to talk about. I don't know why I have such a problem, but it's something I should address. You see, every time I go into a certain store, I end up leaving with armfuls of items even if I didn't need anything to begin with. Now this sometimes happens in other stores, but this one store in particular gets me every time. And that store... is Walmart.




Now let me just clarify something. I live in Canada and, until recently, we didn't have Target. Now my Walmart spending has turned into Target spending.




From makeup, hair products, shoes, clothes, anything really. I turn a corner and I find something else I like.




I can't help it. I find so many things I like and they don't cost that much! Except when you add them all up and your bill ends up being over $100 every time you go there. Sigh..

That is exactly why I have become a fan of dupes. What are dupes, you say? Knock offs, rip offs, imitations, look-alikes, and what have you. They are a diva-on-a-budget's friend. I don't mean the kind of knockoffs you have to go down a back alley to buy or buy out of someone's van. Don't go getting yourself in trouble trying to save a buck. I'm talking about drugstore versions of pricey items. I love drugstore makeup. I hate the idea of spending so much money on something I'm just going to wash off at the end of the day.

The first dupe I love is Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light. It's matte with just a hint of sheer shimmer. This is a dupe for NYC Sunny but I've never tried their version. I found the Rimmel bronzer before I even realized it was a dupe. Score one for me!



I love Maybelline's Falsies Mascara. It's been my favourite mascara for a while. It lengthens enough that my little puny eyelashes actually look nice and it's only $7! While that's nice, it doesn't thicken as much as I would like so I might switch it up next time.




Like my eyelashes, my eye brows have a tendency to disappear in pictures. They're blonde-ish and tiny. I fill them in with a pencil right now and I like that enough, but I really wanted to try something else. Cara from Maskcara recently did a whole bunch of posts about eyebrows (go check them out!) and she recommended MAC's Omega for blondes. As excited as I was to finally have a good product recommended from someone whose opinion I trust, I was disappointed at having to shell out $15 on a little tiny eye shadow. Well, after some googling, I finally found a dupe! Maybelline's 70D Browntones. Unlucky for me, I can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'm still on the hunt for that one.




For blush, I currently use Sephora Blush Me in Rose Rebelle No 1. I know it's not drugstore, but I love this colour. It's just the right amount of pink to not be too overwhelming, but enough to give you a natural flushed look. It looks pretty shimmery in this picture, but it's not really.





What are your favourite dupes or drugstore finds?








No comments:

Post a Comment